Are you interested in improving your local river or helping your local community realise and enjoy the local river environment?
The Rivers for All small grants scheme offers an exciting opportunity for groups in the River Almond and Avon catchments to develop and deliver a wide range of projects and activities to help reconnect communities and wildlife with their local rivers.
Maybe you would like to organise a river festival or undertake some practical conservation work or maybe you are interested in developing a river trail or helping young people learn to fish and enjoy their local river. Provided the application criteria are met, the list is endless……
Rivers for All totals £40,000 over four years and is intended to support organisations, and communities seeking assistance with their own projects which also meet RiverLife: Almond & Avon’s objectives of improving rivers and river corridors for the benefit of the community and reconnecting communities and wildlife with their local rivers. The fund is open to groups from the public, private, voluntary and community sectors from within the RiverLife: Almond & Avon project area.
To qualify, projects MUST fulfil one or more of the following essential criteria:-
- improve understanding of the natural heritage along rivers
- capture and tell stories about changing rivers;
- restore, manage and survey river habitats;
- actively involve people in caring for their river;
- improve access to the river whilst also managing the impacts of that access;
- work with young people to inspire the next generation of river custodians;
- produce materials that enhance people’s experience of rivers;
- increase people’s ability to be involved with rivers either through training or engagement events.
It is expected that individual grants will normally be in the range £250 – £5,000 although there are no set limits.
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss possible applications with the RiverLife: Almond & Avon Project team to ensure eligibility and help maximise the chances of a successful application. The project must be within the RiverLife: Almond & Avon boundary.
Next Application Date TBC
(To download, right click link and ‘Save link as…‘)